- All circles must be completed.
- The sample must be taken by heel or finger prick and done in one circular movement. Be careful not to ‘overlay’ the sample!
- Please see instructions for taking of the sample at the back of the blood card.
- Allow samples to dry in a horizontal position (contact email@example.com for more specific information on Newborn Screening requirements and Information.)
- CARBOHYDRATE DEFICIENT GLYCOPROTEIN SCREENING & BIOTINIDASEENZYME ACTIVITY DETERMINATION – allow samples to dry in a horizontal position (see instructions at the back of the blood card / Guthrie card).
- PLSD-screening test – 2x blood collection cards are required – allow samples to dry in a horizontal position (see instructions at the back of the blood card / Guthrie card)
Please do NOT transport any blood collection cards (Guthrie cards) in a plastic bag, since it could cause damage to the sample and make the sample not viable for the requested tests. Place the DRIED blood card sample in a normal paper envelope, together with the request form and sent at ROOM TEMPERATURE to our PLIEM laboratory.
Please write applicable test on blood collection card as well (e.g. CDG / BIOTINIDASE / PLSD)